March 6, 2017 § Leave a comment
For starters, I am not bipolar. Not that you need to know but I have been tested extensively on that because of my PTSD. Internet drama can make anyone crazy. I have a few ex-girlfriends who can back me up on that. Now let’s move on to what happened after my earlier post:
– I accepted defeat after the post.
– I went back and forth on Twitter with AskEbay. I wanted to report the buyer for scamming me more than anything. That ended up turning into nothing. No big deal.
– I took it upon myself to look up similar items and message about 30 sellers with bids on their item the following message: “I am sending you this message because I sold a similar item. User “deadshotspokemon ” scammed me because I didn’t physically send him the codes. I messaged them to him on Ebay messaging of all things and he claimed that he never received the codes. The worst part, when he opened a case, Ebay gave him his money back even though he used the codes. Ebay said that I needed a tracking number. I am suggest you send them to whoever buys them to protect yourself.”
March 5, 2017 § Leave a comment
How I was screwed on Ebay:
Auction: Pokemon codes.
Order of Events: Seller doesn’t want to pay shipping and says to message him the codes via Ebay messaging. I do that and even follow up two weeks later making sure all the codes work in case I messed up transcribing them. He never replies back.
Two weeks after that, I he opens up a case saying that he never received the item. No big deal I think. He can’t screw me. I send the codes in the case message and say that he can pay shipping to get the physical cards. He never replies.
The case closed yesterday and found in favor of the seller so I lost my money. I have no idea how to check if he used the codes without using the codes myself. So now I have an unsellable product on me.
Ebay’s Twitter, @AskEbay never replied back to me when I told them the situation.
Now today, a seller says the cards got damaged in transit. So now I will probably lose the money and have to pay for them to be returned. Where is the seller protection? I have sold 9 items, 3 have caused problems. I am unemployed and can’t afford to pay for everyone’s stuff. I wish that I could. I am selling stuff that I don’t appreciate so I want it to find a better home.
And while we are at it: I am blocking everyone on Twitter who tags me in sales and never thought to ReTweet my Ebay auctions or card sales. I am over selfish people. Feel free to tag me in your blog posts to ReTweet though. I love hearing everyone’s stories. This will be my post for the week because I am really over things and need a breather. Pardon me if I am distant on social media this week as I really need to recoup my sanity.
February 9, 2017 § 2 Comments
I didn’t have idea what to write on here this week; then today happened. So I sold a card on Ebay; well redemption code. I was all set to send the code to the seller, but then I couldn’t find the card.
Timeline of thinking I lost a card that I sold:
12:45 Look where card has been in my mind for past 10 days. It isn’t there. No big deal, there are 2 other places it could be.
12:55 Oh crap, not in those places. Time to look in other places.
1:15 Not anywhere else, so I go back and check the original 3 places over and over again. Did I mention that all of this is confined to my office area, only a 10 foot radius? Time to sort through files. My body starts overheating from adrenaline. Start praying.
1:30 Who am I kidding? I know it isn’t in the files. I think it got thrown away. I go to my car anyway to look. I just put a stack of cards in there to donate and that stack was too close for comfort from where the sold card was in my mind.
1:45 Not in the car. I go back up to desk area and start cleaning the only area it could be in. I guess this is a good side effect. Another prayer; I am a religious person to begin but this is overkill.
2:05 I send a panicked message to buyer. I am super embarrassed and my conscience is getting the best of me. This sold for a buck plus; and I don’t want him to think that I am having reservations. I don’t want him thinking that I used the code for myself. If I was in the same situation, I would be annoyed and think the seller dicked me on purpose. My thinking: maybe if I send this message it will lead to me finding it immediately.
2:15 Did it fall behind my bed? More cleaning. Keep praying.
2:25 Check pockets and dirty laundry. Nope.
2:30 Kids come home so I can’t focus on stressing about the card.
3:50 I sit at my desk, to work on paper work. I decide to go through a stack of cards in box, that I am on the fence about selling. I didn’t go through the stack because I don’t recall touching it in this short year – the reason why I never went through it in the first place. The last card is what I was looking for. It was in the area that I was searching all along.
January 18, 2017 § Leave a comment
I don’t buy from Ebay a lot but when I do it becomes an addiction. In fact, I went a good 9 months without buying from Ebay. Unfortunately for my wallet, I have been on an Ebay kick lately. This week, I have paid for it. I have 3 adventures to share, two of which happened yesterday alone.
- If you follow me on Twitter you know what happened. I paid $2.99 shipping for a card. It came in a plain white envelope and no top loader. Consequently, the card was damaged.
As I gave said before, if I don’t mind a PWE sometimes but I better not pay shipping if I do, and it better come protected. The description said it would be shipped in a top loader.
He said that he would refund me yesterday. As of today, no refund is showing. I don’t know if I will be getting a refund on just shipping or the whole item. I will take what I can get. I only paid 99 cents for the card plus shipping; not the end of the world.
Update, refund in hand. Got everything paid back, seller keeps their perfect rating.
- This one is from an impulse buy that I actually regretted the second I accepted the offer. I put a low offer on a card I didn’t need, as it wasn’t a part of my Prestige collection or even really on my want list. We haggled and met halfway. I regretted it the second that I paid for it.
It appears to be a normal Ebay transaction. A tracking number appears and it is all set to go. I get a message yesterday saying that he tore his house apart and couldn’t find the card. He said that I would get a refund.
As of writing this, I have yet to see a refund.
- I bought a bunch of cards from a seller. You know one of those where you win an auction and check out the sellers other auctions. It was actually one of those where I lost the card that I wanted but already bought a bunch of stuff from the seller preparing to get said card and make it worth it to me. Anyway, I get a message saying that he forgot to put a card in the package he sent me. This happened almost a week ago. As of writing this, that card has yet to show up.
MOTHER F’ING EBAY
December 21, 2016 § Leave a comment
I thought that I was getting a Klay Thompson Prestige jersey lot for $4. Unfortunately, I had one of those situations that feel that it can only happen to me. Well at least they are bizarre to me.
Order of events:
– The tracking number says the package is delivered. It is not. What happened is that he sent the package to himself, or at least that is how it looked, as it never left his home state.
– I am refunded the shipping cost and seller says that he will send me the cards right away.
– I get a message saying that if I didn’t get the cards by Tuesday, he would refund my whole purchase. This makes me think that I have no chance of getting the cards.
– I don’t get the cards on the date. He asks if I got the cards. I said that I will wait it out and don’t want a refund; I just want the cards.
– I notice 2 messages this morning from him. One says thanks for the reply. The next says: “My sincerest apologies. I just received a Mail back today from the Milwaukee post office that your package was damaged and contents were lost. I’m terribly sorry for all the inconvenience, I will be refunding you right away.”
– To his credit, he refunded right away.
The lot was nothing special to most people. A Klay Thompson jersey card and an Andre Iguodala jersey card. Nothing to cry about, as hard to find as the Thompson Prestige True Colors card is, but still enough to make me angry. I am tempted to leave him neutral feedback. I will wait a few days to calm down before doing anything. What do you think?
A nice silver lining is that it basically turned a portion of my Ebay gift card into Paypal credit.
December 18, 2016 § 1 Comment
The debate on sending cards in plain white envelopes, referred to as PWEs from here on out, is endless. I have a beef regarding them for two different situations that happened this week to me:
On Thursday I got a card shipped to me in a PWE and the envelope was soaked. I got the mail right away during a day when it was pouring rain. I usually don’t open my packages right away but I always open my PWEs right away, mainly so I can send the person a message calling them out if I paid for shipping. Well I didn’t pay for shipping but I was glad that I opened it because the top loader started to get soaked. If I would’ve waited even an hour longer, the card would’ve had water damage. So I dodged a bullet on that one, and my only issue was the person didn’t put the card in a team bag and/or wrap it better.
On Friday, I had a bigger beef: the card shipped to me didn’t come in a top-loader. Is it wrong to expect at the very least to get the card in a top-loader for free shipping? Send it in one covered in tape for all I care, but send it in a top loader.
So my question, is it wrong to expect cards shipped in PWEs in a top-loader?
Site update: I normally like to spread out my posts between days, but that won’t be the case until the end of the year. I want to start the year fresh and don’t want to post about any cards that I got in 2016 in 2017. I have a few Bid Board Finds that have been sitting on my desk for a month, so expect them to be posted soon. Hopefully, I will get some Christmas cards, and I still need to open my package from COMC that recently arrived.
November 21, 2016 § 6 Comments
Those of you that follow me on social media and read this site know that I don’t say ‘angry’ things lightly. As a lot of you know, I am a deeply religious person and a positive side effect of that is that I don’t say harsh things about anyone lightly.
I have spent way too much energy on this company, and have sources backing me up on my accusations. For a company that I dealt with on Twitter, I have also found myself on the phone with them, so this extends beyond an online he said, she said.
Lies from this company, however small they may have been added up to the point that I feel that I have to do this. However, you can also add some late night name calling on their part to this.
Straight up my intentions for doing this post are to protect the hobby. I am forever thankful for how collectors made me feel on my birthday. This is a community that I want to protect.
TLDR: Runs fake contests to promote Ebay sales. Messes with someone who they wanted to promote their company.