March 6, 2017 § Leave a comment
For starters, I am not bipolar. Not that you need to know but I have been tested extensively on that because of my PTSD. Internet drama can make anyone crazy. I have a few ex-girlfriends who can back me up on that. Now let’s move on to what happened after my earlier post:
– I accepted defeat after the post.
– I went back and forth on Twitter with AskEbay. I wanted to report the buyer for scamming me more than anything. That ended up turning into nothing. No big deal.
– I took it upon myself to look up similar items and message about 30 sellers with bids on their item the following message: “I am sending you this message because I sold a similar item. User “deadshotspokemon ” scammed me because I didn’t physically send him the codes. I messaged them to him on Ebay messaging of all things and he claimed that he never received the codes. The worst part, when he opened a case, Ebay gave him his money back even though he used the codes. Ebay said that I needed a tracking number. I am suggest you send them to whoever buys them to protect yourself.”
March 5, 2017 § Leave a comment
How I was screwed on Ebay:
Auction: Pokemon codes.
Order of Events: Seller doesn’t want to pay shipping and says to message him the codes via Ebay messaging. I do that and even follow up two weeks later making sure all the codes work in case I messed up transcribing them. He never replies back.
Two weeks after that, I he opens up a case saying that he never received the item. No big deal I think. He can’t screw me. I send the codes in the case message and say that he can pay shipping to get the physical cards. He never replies.
The case closed yesterday and found in favor of the seller so I lost my money. I have no idea how to check if he used the codes without using the codes myself. So now I have an unsellable product on me.
Ebay’s Twitter, @AskEbay never replied back to me when I told them the situation.
Now today, a seller says the cards got damaged in transit. So now I will probably lose the money and have to pay for them to be returned. Where is the seller protection? I have sold 9 items, 3 have caused problems. I am unemployed and can’t afford to pay for everyone’s stuff. I wish that I could. I am selling stuff that I don’t appreciate so I want it to find a better home.
And while we are at it: I am blocking everyone on Twitter who tags me in sales and never thought to ReTweet my Ebay auctions or card sales. I am over selfish people. Feel free to tag me in your blog posts to ReTweet though. I love hearing everyone’s stories. This will be my post for the week because I am really over things and need a breather. Pardon me if I am distant on social media this week as I really need to recoup my sanity.
March 2, 2017 § Leave a comment
Feel like I am experiencing card burnout. Constantly on Ebay focusing on my PC, and trying to break even by selling my non PC cards.
— Angry Card Collector (@angryccollector) March 2, 2017
Even if I buy a card I need for .99 cents, I still have to pay shipping. Whereas if I sell a card, all I pocket is the card price. So I have to sell at least 2 cards, but usually more for every one card that I sell. http://www.ebay.com/sch/pandanwh/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from= Here is a big secret on my cards with best offer: I set them to automatically accept certain offers made; and in some cases that is less than half the ‘buy it now’ price.
I am close to completing another part of my Prestige collection. I know this burn out will be worth it. I just need to get through it.
My big need is right now is Larry Bird True Colors jersey.
February 24, 2017 § 1 Comment
This weekend I tackled sorting my cards. I have 4 boxes that fit 3,500 each box and there wasn’t a method as to how they were organized. With it raining I and me feeling unproductive, I decided to sort them by sport. Below is a stream on consciousness over 4 days of sorting. Tomorrow, I will be posting some of my personal favorites that I came across. Also, a few will be posted on my Ebay for sale, and my SportsCardAlbum for trade.
- Feeling down because some cards look beat up like crazy.
- It’s amazing how some cards can look better than the day they were produced but others would look at home in the thrash.
- Oh crap, I can’t penny sleeve them all.
- I an putting aside a lot of rookies and players with no experience. I wonder how many of these guys were career minor leaguers when the card was produced. Like it matters, if I never heard of them then I should be junking them anyway.
- My back really hurts.
- Will the cats please leave me alone. I know that I am in there space but I need to protect the cards.
- Found remnants of a horrible box I cracked. Andres Toress auto & Tyler Colvin jersey card; yuck.
- Hey Andrew Miller’s rookie is worth something after all; not much but I remember tossing the card in here when I thought that he was a bust.
- I really enjoyed the sticker books as a kid. Too bad that I write them off as an adult.
Donruss baseball 2005, the set that got me back into collecting
- I made it to box 2. I wasn’t expecting this. I don’t have enough room in my room or the house. I’ll manage though. This feels good.
- Dave Parker was an Angel?
- I am really appreciating anyone who had a long career. So many failed prospects over all sports.
- Jamier Moyer was a Cardinal?
- Dave Parker was an Angel?
- Its been a while since I last saw a John Elway card. For a while, it felt like I owned all of his cards.
- Seems like the cats know better now. They get the importance because I never get mad at them.
- Lee Smith was an Angel?
A Red Sock?
- Louis Polonia; feels like he is everywhere now in my collection.
- Found an early Tom Candiotti card. He always looked old.
- I feel like I could ditch half of my football cards tomorrow and not care.
Panthers base cards still do it for me though. It is cool because as I was sorting the cards, they stuck out to me like the autos and relics did.
- I have too many baseball cards. Worst part is, they are all base from 80s, 90s, and early 00s so they are probably worthless. I can just imagine a thief taking my baseball boxes, thinking he hit the jackpot but then pulling a but then realizing that they are all crappy Dodgers from yesteryear.
February 22, 2017 § Leave a comment
I loved reading everyone’s comments about my entry yesterday. I didn’t realize how many of you have gone through the same feelings. Today, you won’t find anything buzzworthy. What you will see is my personal favorites from sorting; and in some cases the stories that come with them. Don’t worry, less than 400 words if you remove this.
Wally Szczerbiak autographed floor piece, and a no name prospect, Earl Snyder, cut box score. As I Googled them to make sure that I spelled Wally’s name right, and whatever happened to Earl Snyder, I learned that Earl is older than Wally.
– 2 of my all time favorite Hall of Famers. I was a Tom Glavine fan the second I read on the back of his baseball card that he played hockey; even though I loathed the Braves as a kid. I learned to appreciate Morten Anderson after my best friend from Denmark made me realize that Anderson was born there.
– This was one of those random coincidences. I was searching during the week of Valentine’s Day and I found one from one of the most important people in my life who is now gone. I remember sticking it in with the cards. I do random things like that. I also will stick a five dollar or one dollar bill with my cards every now and then. I didn’t find any money.
– One of my all time favorite pulls. I got a birthday box to open the year that Paul Millsap was a rookie and pulled this. Normally second rounders are throwaway filler autographs but I got to watch him grow and appreciate him.
– For some reason packs of RockCards were always around. I remember opening packs of them as late as 2003 – they came out in 1991 it looks like. I did listen to good music as a kid but was never much for metal, with the exception of early Metallica albums – I listened to a ton of punk in middle school, Bad Religion, Epitaph & Nitro Records type music. Now though, Megadeth and Testament, are in my music rotation, and they have their own cards in this set. https://www.comc.com/Cards,sh,i100,=RockCards
February 16, 2017 § Leave a comment
First things first if you want a Misery Pack, I will sell you one for $7 Paypal friends & family, or $9 normal Paypal in the United States. Message me and say that you saw this post; my email is firstname.lastname@example.org – don’t send Paypal there as it isn’t my Paypal email. I have basketball, baseball, and football.
Reality, and also demand for Misery Packs, has forced me to start selling.
I have listed a bunch of cards on Ebay. If the prices seem high, it is because I used COMC for comparison pricing. I don’t really go by the last one sold, if one isn’t currently actively for sale. I have been working on a rant about this that will probably be posted next week. I stand by this, as I have had to pay a premium for some no names in my Prestige collection.
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pandanwh – I will trade or sell any cards outside of Ebay if you message me.
I have a bunch of cards available for trade. You can find them here:
https://sportscardalbum.com/u/angrycardcollector – these cards are only for trade and not for sale. I am not even saying that because I am trying to circumvent from having to pay for premium on Sports Card Album. Most were given to me, and the rest are not worth much to sell to begin with.
As for what I want. I am pretty much exclusively working on attaining every relic and insert for Prestige Basketball 13/14. I have been working on it since the product came out. If you can fill in the few gaps that I have let me know. What I have is here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1283IVFB0Z4vrxZQWJo944UWIcoC5Lc5aMZjJ_9wGySs/pub
My big fish right now that I am looking for are: CJ McCollum Prestigious Premieres autograph, and Cazzie Russell True Colors jersey.
If you don’t have Prestige basketball for trade and want one of my cards, I would be open to Dodgers, Carolina Panthers, and hockey players from Denmark.
I am selling a couple of cards that are accidental duplicates to my collection from COMC. You can find those here: http://www.comc.com/Users/pandanwh,sn,i100
On the plus side, selling will make me a more well rounded collector. It is not a bad thing that some of my rants will apply to more people.
February 11, 2017 § 2 Comments
Contest is over:
First things first. Misery Packs are for sale this weekend. You buy them on Ebay or by messaging me on any platform. Buy them here on Ebay.
Now, contest time. Winner gets the card and some others, meaning you get a Misery Pack. (Note, you will get way better cards if you buy a Misery Pack.)
Comment here for an entry. Also reply and RT on Twitter for one. Plus comment on Facebook for one.